Brainbench perl test?

Uri Guttman uri at
Tue Aug 28 19:09:55 BST 2012

On 08/28/2012 01:49 PM, Zbigniew Łukasiak wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at> wrote:
>> Anyone done this lately? Still as useful as it used to be?
> I did it I think 10 years ago, so not really recently, but I am
> disappointed that I cannot find my certificate at their website now (I
> still have the paper one).

i also did it way back and didn't like it then. multiple choice tests in
general suck for actual testing of real world skills and programming
ones suck even more. no candidate i have reviewed in ages has ever
mentioned brainbench nor has any client. so in my world it is a
non-entity. i know of several take home tests from clients that i review
or see the answers and they tell me much more than any 'cert' could do.
so does reviewing of existing code samples. there is no reason to even
consider a timed multiple choice test.