Which sucks least? Sky, Talktalk to BT broadband?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Sep 1 08:11:37 BST 2012

Andrew Beattie writes:

> What, in the option of London.pm would be my least lame broadband
> option?

TalkTalk gave me one of the worst customer experiences I've had with any
organization. I wouldn't touch them again.

To move away from them I switch to BT to 'cleanse' my line. Many ISPs,
including TalkTalk, say they work with "a BT phone line". However, after
switching to TalkTalk I no longer had a BT phone line but a TalkTalk
phone line, which didn't work for them.

The least hassle way out of this was for me to switch to BT for both
phone calls and ADSL for a bit, then be in a position to switch on to
somebody else.

Except that I found myself happy enough with BT, so I've stayed with
them. Their ADSL includes free unlimited access to any Openzone or Fon
wi-fi hotspot, which I've found useful; many places, both city centres
and residential areas, have one or t'other in range.

And you get a Flickr Pro account thrown in.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2