Brainbench perl test?
Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Sep 1 08:19:39 BST 2012
Simon Wistow writes:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:15:27PM +0100, Dave Cantrell said:
> > For perl hiring, we had what I think was a great test. And now that
> > they no longer exist, I can tell you what it was!
> Yahoo! Europe's was variations on this
My experience of taking Yahoo!'s test in 2000 was:
* Yahoo! e-mail me the test.
* I reply with my answers within the allowed 48 hours.
* After a while of not hearing anything, I mail to check they received
* Yahoo! confirm that they did, and they'll be getting in touch about
* Somebody else offers me a job, which I accept without having heard
back from Yahoo!
The last communication between us stands at Yahoo! saying they'll let me
know how I did on my test. I'm reasonably confident that I answered
enough questions correctly to be worth interviewing. After 12 years I'm
not holding out hope.
A year or so goes by, then:
* The company I work for runs Perl courses, and Yahoo! books one. I end
up turning up to Yahoo!'s offices and training some of their Perl
team, I think the team I applied to work for.
More information about the london.pm