Can I get some advice on best way to start Perl Programming

David Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:05:32 BST 2012

On 3 Sep 2012, at 11:36, David Hodgkinson <davehodg at me.com> wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2012, at 12:16, Rick Deller <rick at eligo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have brought  a couple of books on the subject which I'm reading through
>>
>> I'm very keen to learn more and how to do it
>>
>> Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?
>

> STFUAWSC.

I've been told off for being rude. My intent was honourable even if
the execution lacked finesse.

My suggestion is: Just Write Some Code.

This will get you started much better than reading books. Write some code,
then read some documentation, improve your code, add some tests, make
your code shorter/faster/clear. Rinse and repeat.