Can I get some advice on best way to start Perl Programming

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Sep 4 14:38:19 BST 2012

On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 11:36:58AM +0100, David Hodgkinson wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2012, at 12:16, Rick Deller <rick at eligo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest more books or another way of doing it ?
> STFUAWSC.

That's a good way to get started - my first perl code was patches to
make Matt's Script Archive stuff work on Windows NT, followed by patches
to make it actually work.

But it's only a good way to get started.  At some point you're better
off learning from someone else.  Dave Cross is a good someone else.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Compromise: n: lowering my standards so you can meet them