Brainbench perl test?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Sep 4 19:28:42 BST 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 05:18:20PM +0100, David Hodgkinson wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2012, at 16:07, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
> > Piers Cawley writes:
> >> Tower of Hanoi is always a better example for solving with recursion
> >> than the fibobloodynacci sequence. If nothing else, the recursive
> >> solution isn't quite so immediately obvious from the problem, the
> >> terminating condition is obvious and an iterative solution isn't quite
> >> so hogwhimperingly more efficient.
> > Yes, that's much better.
> When was the last time you recursed in day to day web type code?

About 16:30 today.

I did it yesterday too.  Before that, there's a gap of about a week, but
that's only because I was sitting at home feeling sorry for myself as I
was full of lurgy.  I probably write recursive code two or three times a
week at work, and I *use* recursive code that I wrote at work every
single day.

  On the bright side, if sendmail is tied up routing spam and pointless
  uknot posts, it's not waving its arse around saying "root me!"
      -- Peter Corlett, in uknot