Brainbench perl test?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Sep 5 08:57:56 BST 2012

David Hodgkinson writes:

> On 4 Sep 2012, at 16:07, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
>
> > Piers Cawley writes:
> >
> > > Tower of Hanoi is always a better example for solving with
> > > recursion than the fibobloodynacci sequence. If nothing else, the
> > > recursive solution isn't quite so immediately obvious from the
> > > problem, the terminating condition is obvious and an iterative
> > > solution isn't quite so hogwhimperingly more efficient.
> >
> > Yes, that's much better.
>
> When was the last time you recursed in day to day web type code?

The point I was trying to make in the part of my message you snipped is
that different teams value different skills.

If you don't feel that adeptness with recursion is what marks out the
really useful people in your team, then ask about something else
instead.

That a particular question is only relevant to some teams doesn't make
it a poor question in the abstract.

Smylers
--
New series of TV puzzle show 'Only Connect' (some questions by me)
Mondays at 20:30 on BBC4, or iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect