Brainbench perl test?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Tue Sep 4 20:31:53 BST 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Mr I <cub4ucme at gmail.com> wrote:
> The formula to each Vedic mathematics sutra also takes around 3 -5 line per
> solution it's just you're not familiar with the mathematics involved.
> You're kind of proving my point but understand that not everyone may see it.
>
> However I could have been more precise in my example by explicitly naming a
> sutra which would have been a better example.

The spec for fib() was given; the spec for ved() was not. That is the
difference.

It's not to do with familiarity with subcontinental calculus or not,
it's to do with you haven't said was ved() does, whereas everyone has
said what fib() does *without assuming prior knowledge*. Compare like
with like. (AKA "Your argument is invalid." ;-)

If I say "give me a function that'll return the sum of the elements of
a sequence where each element is the sum of the previous two" you
don't have to know any math (besides knowing how to add up) to
implement that. You do have to ask "what is the value of the element
at position 0 and 1", and that's partly what's being tested.

Paul