Italian Perl Workshop 2012 newsletter #2 - Talks, Per Course, Events, Sponsors

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Thu Sep 6 18:08:55 BST 2012

Hello all!

A bit off topic, but I hope some of you could be interested in coming to
IPW in Bologna in about one month. We'll also be holding a Drinkers.pm
late night meeting there... :-)

So here we are with the second Italian Perl Workshop 2012 newsletter.
The conference will happen on October 11th and 12th in Bologna, at the
CNR Research Area. The workshop will feature talks both in Italian and
English language.

http://www.perl.it/workshop/

* TALKS

We're happy to announce some of the already confirmed talks.

     - Data::Query - cutting edge SQL query generation with Perl
     - Web::Simple - micro web framework
     - Cassandra - writing a Cassandra client in Perl
     - uWSGI and PSGI‎ - the technology which powers a lot of cloud services
     - Perl 6 - writing regular expressions in Perl 6
     - Slic3r - Perl and 3D printing
     - Modern Perl... in italian - presentation of the Italian
translation of chromatic's Modern Perl book
     - First steps with GCL

* CALL FOR PAPERS -> SUBMIT A TALK!

The Call for Papers is still open and IPW needs you: submit you talks!!!

This year's conference theme is Perl Jubilee, to celebrate 25 years of
the language. The theme is however loose, and talks not related to it
are well accepted (and we'd also like to accept a few of not so
"perlish" ones).

Please submit your proposals here:

http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/cfp.html

* PERL COURSE (ITALIAN LANGUAGE)

A basic Perl Course will be help on October 1th, 2012, the day before
the workshop. The course will be in Italian language and run by Stefano
Rodighiero, author of the Pocket Perl book.

The course is free, just subscribe here:

http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/purchase

* SOCIAL EVENTS

We're organizing a few events related to the workshop. If you are
interested (and you should!), click on the appropriate links to see the
details.

     - Pre-workshop meeting: the not-to-be-missed social event. Link:
http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/wiki?node=PreConferenceMeeting
     - Attendees dinner: on the evening of Thursday 11 October we'll
hold the traditional IPW attendees dinner. Link:
http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/wiki?node=SocialDinner
     - Training run: it's also important to be in good health, so there
will be a run in Bologna parks and hills. Link:
http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/wiki?node=Running
     - Drinkers.pm late night pub crawl: going from pub to pub in the
Bologna students area until we can hold no more; the pub crawl will
happen after the attendees dinner. Link:
http://act.yapc.eu/ipw2012/wiki?node=DrinkersPmMeeting

* OUR SPONSORS

A big thank you to our sponsors: without them IPW would be impossible to
organize. Our sponsors are: Booking.Com, Seeweb, musixmatch, Netlogica,
Italpro, Geoesse, Leader.It, O’Reilly Media, No Starch Press, Pragmatic
Bookshelf.

* ...AND WHILE WE WAIT...

The Parma GNU/Linux User Group organizes, on September 15th (at 3pm) the
"Aperitivo con il Bosone di Higgs". Information (in Italian language) is
available here:

http://www.parma.linux.it/news/2012/09/aperitivo-con-il-bosone-di-higgs

IPW is you chance to visit Bologna!

IPW web site: http://www.perl.it/workshop/