Wanted: Speakers for London.pm Technical Meeting

Ben Evans benjamin.john.evans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:40:26 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 05:23:04PM +0100, Ben Evans wrote:
>
>> I've been discussing a talk with Leon, tentatively entitled "Through
>> The Looking Glass" - basically an account of what I found in the years
>> I've been spending a lot of time with Java & JVM technology and
>> communities.
>>
>> I could do either the technical or community aspects - both are IMO
>> very interesting and provide, in many ways, very different
>> perspectives (but also some surprising similarities).
>
> Do you think that between you and Pedro you could do both? :-)

OK. How about this as a suggestion:

I focus on community, but also talk about broad-brush features of the
language and platform which I believe have shaped the community.

Then Pedro could focus on the technology in detail, and show code & stuff :)

How does that sound? Pedro, would that work for you?

Thanks,

Ben