Perl syntax highlighting

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 09:15:13 BST 2012

Quoting William Blunn <bill+london.pm at blunn.org>:

> So I was wondering if there was a known good Perl syntax highligher.
> All suggestions gratefully received; suggestions of the form
> "FooHighLight version >= 2.71828" score bonus points.

I don't know about "known good", but here's what I use in various places.

On blogs.perl.org (Movable Type) we use a GCPrettify plugin[1] which
is a wrapper around prettify.js[2].

On Perlhacks[3] (Wordpress), I use a plugin called Syntax Highlighter
for WordPress[4] which is a wrapper around SyntaxHighlighter[5].

On my code web site[6] I use something I hacked together using
PPI::HTML[7]. I should see if enough of that is useful enough to
publish it somewhere.

I'm not sure if any of these solutions fix your specific issues.

Cheers,

Dave...

[1] https://github.com/movabletype/mt-plugin-gcprettify
[2] http://code.google.com/p/google-code-prettify/