Perl syntax highlighting

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Oct 26 09:45:10 BST 2012

William Blunn writes:

> What do people reckon to use when wanting to do Perl syntax
> highlighting (Perl ? HTML), such as one might want to use in one's
> source code repository browser.

As a Vim user, I like Text::VimColor. This actually delegates the
highlighting to Vim, meaning that the colours output exactly match those
in my editor.

> * a single quote in POD apparently being interpreted as the start of a
> string literal
>
> * a single quote in a comment apparently being interpreted as the
> start of a string literal
>
> * a single quote in q{...} string apparently being interpreted as the
> start of a string literal

Vim gets all of those correct.

Smylers
--
New series of TV puzzle show 'Only Connect' (some questions by me)
Mondays at 20:30 on BBC4, or iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect