Proprietary Sybase DBI/DBD module

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Tue Oct 30 18:02:30 GMT 2012

On 10/30/2012 01:35 PM, DAVID HODGKINSON wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Can you define "proprietary" please?
>
> It will be shipped with .so files?
>
> The source will be there but the license says we can't change it?

it seems pretty obvious to me. the sybase people have written a new
driver which is being released in binary only form (hence proprietary)
and also they have written a DBD for it which they will (or have) put on
cpan. as usual the DBD will be open source and free. i would expect the
binary lib to downloadable but useless without a sybase server which is
commercial. the confusion is from not clearly describing the binary lib
vs the perl/cpan DBD module as separate entities.

uri