Agents part CCXXXIV

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Mon Dec 3 07:44:35 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 07:29:16AM +0000, Alan Mosca wrote:
> I just had an agent call me on my workplace's main line (the one that goes
> to reception and is published on the website).. This is definitely getting
> worse. What do people do in this situation?

I tell them I'm not interested, and refuse to answer any questions
related to my current employment.

They usually pick up very quickly this is a waste of their time, and
they won't be getting commission out of it.

I usually do remain polite -- you never know whether you will actually
need them in the future.

I recently wrote a blog about one recruiters action I could not let slide:
http://perl-blog.abigail.be/post/36427879067/an-annoying-recruiter

Abigail