Agents part CCXXXIV

ian docherty londonperlmongers at iandocherty.com
Mon Dec 3 08:30:56 GMT 2012

Many years ago, (more years than I care to compute) when I was a permy. I
went out for a day with my boss to a company we were collaborating with.
The day felt very odd and surreal. We were there to discuss a project and
yet they seemed more interested in me, what projects I had worked on and my
interests. More than just polite conversation.

That evening I got in and there was a letter from an agent (that shows you
how long it was ago) telling me that they had submitted (without my
permission) my CV to the self-same company I had visited that very day!

Needless to say I was furious, I had to phone the company and explain that
the agent had sent my CV there without my permission and that there was no
way that I would be willing to follow up with a second 'interview'.

Very unprofessional and potentially very embarrassing since I had not yet
told my boss that I was looking for another job.

- icydee