Agents part CCXXXIV

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Mon Dec 3 12:58:14 GMT 2012

On 3 December 2012 12:05, James Laver <james.laver at> wrote:
> On 3 Dec 2012, at 06:38, Uri Guttman <uri at> wrote:
>> one reason i ask my candidates where else they are being submitted is to avoid those duplications.
> Bullshit. You ask because you want to try and muscle in on those positions. If you really asked permission before submitting every time (as you claim later in your email) you'd never be in a position of double submission. Pimp standard trick #4.

Belt and braces - if you ask somebody "This cool role at X, do you
want me to send your CV" they'll not always remember or mention that
they've already applied for a role there, if you ask where, you're
more likely to avoid.

I really can't see Uri pulling a trick like that, nor some of the
other decent recruiters I've worked with (double submissions are bad
for them both in immediate lost commision, and loss of reputation,
where they're worked to establish some)

There are probably plenty of recruiters who don't care and would try a
trick like that but certainly not all, and certainly not a premium
head-hunter like Uri.

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons