cpan you have to see

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Wed Dec 12 21:05:58 GMT 2012

On 12/12/2012 11:46 AM, James Laver wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2012, at 15:57, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/12/2012 07:12 AM, Leon Brocard wrote:
>>> he still thinks his code is doing something useful
>
> It is. I had to write something similar to his Boolean module when I
> inherited a fucked up database that had different standards for
> Boolean values in different parts of the code base. Everything was
> stored in a blob column for extra meta-database hate.
>
> Just because you get to work with all of the nice clean code in the
> world doesn't mean some people aren't stuck with the mistakes of
> others. Then again, my primary income stream is writing code and
> yours is recruitment, so it's expected I'm more likely to have to
> clean up messes.

you still have strange views of my career. i have worked with some of
the ugliest code and team(mis)work in existence. i have recently been
doing perl support of a team where explaining why globals are bad took a
few weeks to sink in to one member. you already made a judgment of my
perl hunting and now another on my main income. i also get royalties
from o'reilly for stuff. i have more pans in the fire than you would
imagine. the reason my perl hunting is so good is BECAUSE of my activity
in perl development, support, training, writing, etc. i can speak perl
to both sides and do a proper match and never need buzzwords or similar
fluff.

uri