cpan you have to see

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:46:51 GMT 2012

On 12 Dec 2012, at 15:57, Uri Guttman <uri at stemsystems.com> wrote:

> On 12/12/2012 07:12 AM, Leon Brocard wrote:
>> he still thinks his code is doing something useful

It is. I had to write something similar to his Boolean module when I inherited a fucked up database that had different standards for Boolean values in different parts of the code base. Everything was stored in a blob column for extra meta-database hate.

Just because you get to work with all of the nice clean code in the world doesn't mean some people aren't stuck with the mistakes of others. Then again, my primary income stream is writing code and yours is recruitment, so it's expected I'm more likely to have to clean up messes.

/j