Perl School 4: Database Programming with Perl and DBIx::Class

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Feb 6 21:43:50 GMT 2013

On 02/06/2013 07:34 PM, Lyle wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 18:59, Dave Cross wrote:

>>> Do you intend to ever repeat these classes?  I couldn't go to the Moosey
>>> one in December because I was out of town, but I think it would be
>>> useful.
>>
>> Yes. In fact I think it's likely that the next two courses will be
>> repeats of the Moose one (in April) and this DBIC one (in June).
>
> Are you planning to run any low cost courses for beginners? Moose and
> DBIC may be too intimidating for Perl newbies (for whom Perl might be
> there first programming language).

The first two Perl Schools (August and October) were called "Modern Perl
for Non-Perl Programmers"[1].

Not aimed at absolute beginners, but trying to get users of other
languages interested in Modern Perl. I had about 25 people at each class.

I'll probably run that again later this year. There may well be
something for complete beginners at some point too. But I'm not thinking
more than a few months ahead at the moment.

Dave...

[1] http://perlschool.co.uk/courses/modern-perl-for-non-perl-programmers/

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/