Alternative sources of Perl programmers

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Mon May 13 23:18:45 BST 2013

On 13/05/2013 22:48, Mark Fowler wrote:
> On Monday, May 13, 2013, Duncan Garland wrote:
>
> We're advertising for a Perl programmer again, and once again we are
>> struggling.
>
> The question I ask anyone who has problems hiring for any IT position is
> "have you considered telecommute?"

Have you considered training graduates? I hear there are a lot of them
out of work. I see a lot of Perl jobs wanting and expecting nothing less
than very experienced Perl programmers. If there aren't enough companies
willing to give fresh programmers the experience, how are they supposed
to get there?

If you cut the roots off an apple tree, don't expect to harvest many apples.

Lyle