Get Yourself In The Perl Companies Database

Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer jeff at imaginative-software.com
Thu May 30 20:08:08 BST 2013

Hi everyone-

Vicky Brasseur has started a project on GitHub to collect information about companies that use Perl at https://github.com/vmbrasseur/Perl_Companies.  I think this could be a huge asset to the Perl community.  Just knowing who uses the language is immensely helpful to job seekers, managers, module authors, language maintainers, conference organizers, and entrepreneurs.

The database has already been seeded with information extracted from several years of job postings.  So if your company is listed, please make sure the information is correct.  And if it's not listed, then feel free to add it.  All you have to do is fork and make a pull request.  You can just edit the file in your browser at GitHub.com too.

If you have a bit more bandwidth, then consider contributing some code too.  I would love to see a web form that makes it easy for folks to add & update data, or some online tools for slicing and filtering and graphing the data. There are lots of really interesting possibilities.  And you'll be helping to inform the future evolution of Perl!

Once again, that URL is https://github.com/vmbrasseur/Perl_Companies

Thanks for your time.

-Jeff