Get Yourself In The Perl Companies Database

Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer jeff at imaginative-software.com
Thu May 30 21:17:20 BST 2013

On May 30, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Denny wrote:

> This is a _very_ recruitment-focused CSV file at present - the only data
> it contains is company name, location (in a weird format), and whether
> they're hiring or not.  I'm very reluctant to mark my company as
> 'dormant' or 'inactive' on a list of "information about companies that
> use Perl" just because we're not hiring.

Since the data originally came from job postings, that recruitment info is all we have right now.

But you're not limited to that.  Feel free to add other attributes for your company.  Here are some that I would want:

https://github.com/vmbrasseur/Perl_Companies/issues/5

I agree that the "hiring status" is not really meaningful, and I've submitted an issue about it:

https://github.com/vmbrasseur/Perl_Companies/issues/4

Feel free to chime in there.