New pet keeping rules in the Netherlands

Toby Wintermute tjc at
Thu Jul 4 08:28:15 BST 2013

That would be a Spider Wasp then.
Note that they attack and paralyse large spiders then drag them back
to their nests. If you don't look closely (and why would you!) then
you may think this is one creature, and come to the conclusion that
giant spiders have now grown wings.

This is truly the stuff nightmares are born from.

So, umm, come to sunny Australia!

On 21 June 2013 08:31, Kieren Diment <diment at> wrote:
> I did see a very large wasp dragging a huntsman corpse along around the side of my house a few months ago.
> On 21/06/2013, at 8:03, James Laver <james.laver at> wrote:
>> On 20 Jun 2013, at 22:50, Kieren Diment <diment at> wrote:
>>> I particularly like it when they have babies and there are hundreds of tiny cute huntsman spiders all over the ceiling.  For a bonus, they eat cockroaches.
>> There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.
>> Wait, what eats huntsmans again?
>> James

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world