Installing WWW::Webkit on Debian/Mint dave.lambley at
Mon Jul 22 18:35:09 BST 2013

I have had good results in the past on resistive websites with WWW::Selenium. It was straightforward to get running under Ubuntu, but does require a full browser and an x server. I hear phantom.js is good, and has a Perl wrapper.

Sent using from a tiny keypad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Beverley <andy at>
Sender: at
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:15:03
To: < at>
Subject: Installing WWW::Webkit on Debian/Mint

Quick question: has anybody had any success installing WWW::Webkit on
Debian (v7.1) or Linux Mint (v12)?

I won't list all the problems that I am having just now (suffice to say
they are various recursive dependency failures that I don't want to
spend lots of time on). I'm more interested to know if anyone's
installed it without a problem and if there is an "easy" way to do so
(there isn't a Debian package).

Alternatively, what are people's recommendations for interacting with a
website using a Perl (or indeed other) script? I am trying to automate
interaction with a rather clunky HR website at work (to perform a
repetitive task), and don't have the luxuries of an API or similar.