Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Wed Sep 18 14:17:46 BST 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 01:14:54PM +0100, gvim wrote:
> I don't mean to troll. In fact, to quote Stevan Little, "I totally
> asshat Perl" :) but when I saw this today:
>
> http://wegotcoders.com
>
> ... I couldn't help thinking Perl is getting left behind.

This looks like a one-man shop, so I guess the kind of training they
offer depend on the sole instructor's bagage.

> Something's gone wrong. Is it that publishers are not interested in
> publishing Perl books or that Perl authors aren't writing about
> interesting and specific applications of Perl?

Not sure what the answer is to that one, probably a little bit of both.

I was about to mention a Perl book published in France recently, but it
turns out it's been three years since...

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 No matter how you dress a cow, it still gives milk.