Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 15:24:58 BST 2013

On 18 September 2013 14:59, Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org> wrote:
> where do you think books come from?

Well, when a daddy book and a mummy book love each other very much...

> As far as I can tell from talking to authors and publishers, the amount of
> work a book requires <snip>

... will be the same for a Perl book as for a Ruby one.

> is not adequately compensated by the author's
> cut of the sales that even a popular Perl title manages

It's not unreasonable to *suggest* that there may be a correlation
with either enthusiasm of Ruby programmers to write the books, or the
market size for making a return on the investment of time.

osf'