Perl publishing and attracting new developers

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri Sep 20 15:48:12 BST 2013

On 19 September 2013 11:51, Abigail <abigail at abigail.be> wrote:
> I'd call them niche books. If generic books don't sell, why would
> niche books?

Actually - I wouldn't be surprised if a niche Perl book did sell
better than a generic Perl book.

Perl isn't the most popular kid on the block ATM. So there are few
folk looking for general books. I wouldn't be surprised if the  market
of existing Perl devs who are looking for a decent introduction to
Catalyst/Moose/whatever could be larger than the new Perl developers
looking for general books.

("better" in this context of course does not translate to "well" ;-)

Cheers,

Adrian
--
adrianh at quietstars.com / +44 (0)7752 419080 / @adrianh / quietstars.com