Perl publishing and attracting new developers

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:19:18 BST 2013

On 18/09/2013 15:57, Jason Clifford wrote:

> I wonder whether part of the answer to this question lies in the fact
> that the things that could be covered in Perl books about frameworks,
> Moose, etc are fairly well documented and that the documentation is
> easily available.

Ruby and Rails are well documented:

http://ruby-doc.org/
http://rubyonrails.org/documentation

... but the books sell very well.

> All of this is not to say there are no new books. There is a new edition
> of Mastering Perl on the way.

Considering the last edition was published in 2007 I would rather have
seen a new Perl Cookbook, Object-Oriented Perl or, better still, some
new titles on specific applications of Perl, eg. Perl for Android (ok,
ok but you get my drift), Perl REST APIs or Web Development with
Dancer/Mojolicious.

gvim