Robot turtles

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Sep 23 15:00:53 BST 2013

Nicholas Clark writes:

> So, there is this kickstarter for "Robot Turtles":
>
>     Robot Turtles is a board game you play with your favorite 3-8 year
>     old. It sneakily teaches programming fundamentals.
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danshapiro/robot-turtles-the-board-game-for-little-programmer

Oooh. Thanks for letting us know about that, Nicholas. And more thanks
for doing the maths, currency conversion, and so on.

>    3-pack:  $80 * 1.2 + $40    = $136 = £84.70  =   £28.23 each
>    10-pack: $240 * 1.2 + $100  = $388 = £241.65 =   £24.16 each

Plus the cost of distributing the extra copies around the UK.

> PS I'm not kidding about the 14000 categories.

Last time I looked at this I found there were different duty rates for
radios and CD players, and that a combined CD player and radio had a
third rate which was lower than either of the two individual ones. It
cannot possibly make sense for this list to exist.

Smylers
--
Stop drug companies hiding negative research results.
Sign the AllTrials petition to get all clinical research results published.