Robot turtles

Smylers Smylers at
Mon Sep 23 15:00:53 BST 2013

Nicholas Clark writes:

> So, there is this kickstarter for "Robot Turtles":
>     Robot Turtles is a board game you play with your favorite 3-8 year
>     old. It sneakily teaches programming fundamentals.

Oooh. Thanks for letting us know about that, Nicholas. And more thanks
for doing the maths, currency conversion, and so on.

>    3-pack:  $80 * 1.2 + $40    = $136 = £84.70  =   £28.23 each
>    10-pack: $240 * 1.2 + $100  = $388 = £241.65 =   £24.16 each

Plus the cost of distributing the extra copies around the UK.

> PS I'm not kidding about the 14000 categories.

Last time I looked at this I found there were different duty rates for
radios and CD players, and that a combined CD player and radio had a
third rate which was lower than either of the two individual ones. It
cannot possibly make sense for this list to exist.

Stop drug companies hiding negative research results.
Sign the AllTrials petition to get all clinical research results published.
Read more: