Could use some hotel/travel help

Randy J. Ray rjray at
Thu Sep 26 05:14:07 BST 2013

(TL;DR version: I've lost my A-Z and haven't been to London in ages, so
I need help locating a Metro station and hotels.)

Greetings all!

I will be traveling to England this November to spend time in London and
Telford. I am arriving in London (Heathrow) on the 2nd of November,
going up to Telford on the 7th, then returning to London for one night
on the 10th before I fly back to California on Monday the 11th.

For the 7th-10th, I have a hotel reservation in Telford (I'm coming for
a hobby convention, so I've reserved at the hotel near the International
Centre). However, for the 2nd-7th, and for the night of the 10th, I
still need to make some reservations. Problem is, I haven't been out
there in about 7 years. I can't even find my old A-Z guide. I have
forgotten which station I'll be taking the bus (or rail) from to get
from London to Telford, and vice-versa. (Fortunately, the rail and bus
station in Telford is right by the International Centre, so I'm not
worried about the Telford side of my trip.)

Last time I was out, I stayed near the theater district district. I was
a pleasant walk to the Metro station, one of the major ones (Victoria,
maybe?). But it wasn't the station I used to get to Telford, and *this*
time I expect to be carrying a little more luggage (I plan to bring a
few models to the show). So I would prefer to get a hotel closer to the
Metro station that I'll be leaving from for Telford. I would also like
to find a place that will make it (relatively) easy to get to Heathrow
Monday morning for my flight out.

So, what I could use help with is this: Firstly, can someone identify
for me what the Metro station is that I would be leaving from to go to
Telford. Then, what postal code(s) should I look for hotels in? I figure
I'll use or something like that to actually find a place in
my budget range. But I don't know where anything is, and without my A-Z
I can't even look things up! Lastly, suggestions for a place, or at
least the postal codes to look in, to stay on the 10th as well.

Cheers in advance for all help!

Randy J. Ray      Sunnyvale, CA
rjray at
Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: