Perl Doom and Gloom

Abigail abigail at abigail.be
Thu Sep 26 13:15:41 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 09:37:39PM +1000, Kieren Diment wrote:
> I've noticed a couple of threads in here recently about how perl's situation is all doom and gloom.  Just so you know, I've noticed a handful of new, very non-trivial perl projects to produce important infrastructure of international importance over the last few months.

I've been programming Perl since 1995. I have heard people talking about
the doom and gloom of Perl ever since (and probably before, people did
as well).

18 years later, and I'm still programming in Perl. Nowadays, even as a
developer, with 100+ coworkers who also program in the same language.

Abigail