Tourist-y suggestions?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Nov 1 12:10:28 GMT 2013

Raphael Mankin writes:

> Or for something totally idiosyncratic try the John Soane Museum in
> Lincoln's Inn Fields.

I'll third that: Sir John Soane's Museum is an incredible place.

>From there, the Cartoon Museum is nearby — though that may appeal
more to nostalgic Brits than foreign tourists unfamiliar with many of
the artists and publications: http://www.cartoonmuseum.org/

And if you happen to be a Kirsty MacColl fan, Soho square is then a
short walk away, with Kirsty's bench. It is only a bench, a fairly
normal bench. But if you are a fan and in the area anyway, it's worth a
minor detour: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsty_MacColl#Legacy

Over in Notting Hill, I enjoyed the Museum of Brands — but again that
might be more of a Brit nostalgia thing: http://www.museumofbrands.com/

And a backstage tour of the National Theatre was interesting, delivered
by a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide. It's listed as
1 h 15 min, but ours went on for almost 2 hours:
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/discover/backstage-tours

Have fun.

Smylers
--
Stop drug companies hiding negative research results.
Sign the AllTrials petition to get all clinical research results published.