Recommended IDE...?

William Blunn bill+london.pm at blunn.org
Fri Jan 17 17:48:01 GMT 2014

On 17/01/2014 10:18, Andrew wrote:
> Looking to try using an Integrated Development Environment.
> Is there an industry standard everyone uses and I should get familiar with,
> or will any do?
>
> My previous experience is with NotePad and TextWrangler.

I've been using Sublime Text for a while, first under OSX, recently
under Windows.

Whilst I haven't used it myself under Linux, I've sat next to someone
who did, and it seemed to work well there too.

There's a even a portable version for anyone unfortunate enough to
working in no-administrator-access Windows environments.

> I've Windows98SE and OSX 10.5.8 [Leopard];-), and use both in tandem via a
> KVM switch, XD.

Why are you telling us about your retro-computing hobby setup rather
than what you use for serious work?

Regards,

Bill