Recommended IDE...?

Ovid curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 07:38:23 GMT 2014

> These "oh but emacs/vi/nano is great!" responses are really irrelevant.

I would almost claim that I get most of the common benefits of an IDE out of my vim setup (completion, debugging, testing, refactoring tools, rebuilding the project, and so on), but in watching other people use these tools, even if they've had years of experience, I still see them:
	* Open a file

	* Edit the file

	* Close the file

	* Run something from the command line

And a little part of me dies each time. May as well be using Notepad. If that's your workflow and your happy with it, that's OK, but you can't compare it to an IDE (except Eclipse: I've watched more than one developer struggle like mad using Eclipse because it has all the speed of a snail on downers.)

Cheers,
Ovid
--
IT consulting, training, international recruiting
       http://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.