Recommended IDE...?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 08:05:56 GMT 2014

On 20/01/2014, at 6:38 PM, Ovid wrote:

> 	* Run something from the command line

Having access to a decent command line also eliminates many use cases for IDEs.  So on the rare occasions I do windows work, I tend to avoid using windows until the last possible minute, and I make sure I use CPAN libs that are robust to platform differences (especially Path::Class and whatever end of line library seems appropriate for the use-case).

Once your development cycle involves working out how to make the problem testable, writing some code, testing it, lather. rinse repeat, flashy (rather than utilitarian) IDE features become unimportant, in my opinion.