Recommended IDE...?

Mon Jan 20 11:49:19 GMT 2014

I did some research on this for emacs a while back.

Having Perl::Critic integrated is nice, and I've done this in some
places that care.

Perlysense got some votes.

ctags/etags is good if you need to zap between files looking for symbols.

I bind M-x compile to a key to run the perl script.

But as I say in the blog, despite using emacs for 30 years I'm still
a philistine. My elisp-fu is long dead.