Updating london.pm.org website

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Mon Jul 28 14:39:11 BST 2014

To give this some context, I was discussing this with Chris off-list.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 02:05:25PM +0100, Chris Jack wrote:
> As I understand it, the html (or equivalent?) repository for the
> website is stored in github

I mentioned perl-doc-cats a couple of times.  With a little bit of
searching for this term, I found it:
https://github.com/perl-doc-cats/London-pm-website

> because of the age of the website server, releases cannot be done
> from git to the website. There are also IRC bots and mailing lists
> on the server.

I believe we don't have a functioning release process on windmill (our
server) at the moment.  We've tried moving things over to new servers
a couple of times, but it's a big project with several components
(Web, mail, IRC) and nobody wanted to oversee the whole thing although
various people were keen to help.  That's fair enough, it's not fun.

I welcome anyone who wants to approach this problem (thank you, Chris)
but peronsally I want to focus on smaller, easier tasks that will have
larger benefits for the group.

Tom