Ansible (was: Deploying perl code)

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Mon Aug 11 15:37:40 BST 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 12:08 +0200, James Laver wrote:
> On 25 Jul 2014, at 11:54, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:
>
> > The main problem is that it seems to be a victim of its own success:
> > there is a huge backlog of merge requests. I'd like to provide some
> > simple patches to a couple of modules to make them work better for me,
> > but have little hope that they'd be merged this side of Christmas. I
> > provided a really simple patch a while ago - it's not been touched and
> > now no longer merges cleanly.
>
> I won’t even try and submit a patch after my experience reporting a
> documentation bug.

[...]

So, I'm now fed-up with the way Ansible is being developed. However, I
do like it as a tool, so wondered whether anybody has any interest in
developing a Perl equivalent? Probably a layer on top of Tak to create a
higher level playbook-type environment. Or does something similar
already exist?

Andy