Open/Free BSD users -- help needed to fix Test::PostgreSQL

Sue Spence virtuallysue at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:17:09 BST 2014

On 11 August 2014 03:56, Toby Wintermute <tjc at wintrmute.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I took over Test::PostgreSQL a while back.
> I still get a lot of test failures from OpenBSD and FreeBSD users on
> CPANTS, and I think it's simply down to the postgres binaries being
> installed in different locations.
>
> If you run either of those systems, would you be able to tell me the
> path to the executables?
>
> On most Linux distros, they are in /usr/lib/postgresql/$VERSION/bin

I  wouldn't have asked London PM this question, mainly because it just
wouldn't have occurred to me to do so*. Luckily you got the answer you
wanted fairly quickly, despite the noise.

London PM, still providing value after 16 years. :-)

*My way of answering that question would  have wasted a massive amount of
time, because although web searches would have told me the answer, I
wouldn't stop there. No, I would have thoroughly shaved this yak by
installing one (or more) BSDs in VMs, installing PG, then testing the
proposed changes in them.  If my attention span had held out long enough.