Dear Dr Who experts...

David Matthewman david at matthewman.org
Wed Oct 8 17:04:09 BST 2014

The hatch isn't in the TARDIS ceiling,  but it's from Destiny of the Daleks towards the end of episode 2. I don't have a link, but there might be one.

In 'Dalek' (6th story of season 1 of the new series), a Dalek says 'elevate' and then does so. Don't know of a linkable clip, but there might be one. They routinely hover in later stories.

Note that a Dalek hovers up stairs at the end of episode 1 of Remembrance of the Daleks, and rises with the aid of an anti-gravity disc in episode 4 of Planet of the Daleks. It's strongly implied that stairs aren't actually a problem for them in other stories - e.g. The Chase, where one appears on the upper deck of a boat where the only sensible way for it to have got there is hovering up stairs.

Hope this helps. Am at work, so less able to track down clips.