Looking for a nice and friendly company to registry a .com domain...

Denny De La Haye denny at fsite.com
Wed Nov 16 09:55:43 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 20:35 -0300, Luis Campos de Carvalho wrote:
>   Kind of a recurrent question, but (commercial?) conditions varies a lot.
>
>   I'm looking for a nice and friendly place to register my domain name, and would love to read
> your experiences and recomendations.
>
>   This is the first domain I register by myself, and I need everything runs smooth.
>
>   Thank you all for any advice and recomendations.

I've been extremely happy with UK Hosts - www.ukhosts.com - they even
started giving me a discount once I went over about 20 domains with
them.  They regularly call me up to double-check when I let domains
lapse and that kind of thing.  A small company, but very friendly and
helpful, and they've not made any mistakes yet (I've been using them for
about 6 or 7 years now).

I also hosted a site on one of their servers for a year once, and the
service there was very good too.