ADSL providers

Andrew Beattie andrew at
Thu Dec 1 16:51:30 GMT 2005

IvorW wrote:

>I need to source an ISP for somebody that needs to change.

1) Check out

I did, years ago and picked Nildram.  There were very good reasons to
pick them back then and their service was excellent when I needed it to
be.  They have been bought by a larger fish since then, but I've had no
reason to complain.  I've had Nildram ADSL to three different addresses
now and I would pick them again.

I dealt with PlusNet, for 24x7 phone service (back before ADSL was
available), they left a foul taste in my mouth - I wouldn't touch them
again with a barge pole.

My boss just installed BT ADSL and had to fight with them for three
months to get it working - they were impressively clueless at times.