ADSL providers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Dec 1 17:10:57 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:51:30PM +0000, Andrew Beattie wrote:

> I did, years ago and picked Nildram.  There were very good reasons to
> pick them back then and their service was excellent when I needed it to
> be.  They have been bought by a larger fish since then, but I've had no
> reason to complain.

I have.  While the service still Just Works, their customer support is
now not good enough.  eg, I send an email asking for a copy of the zone
files for the domains they are doing DNS for for me, and they send back
a screenshot of some stupid windows thing which only shows some of the
data.  Sorry, but if they are competent to understand what a zone file
is (they obviously are, given that they actually understood that I
wanted copies of my DNS data), then they should damned well provide a
zone file like what the customer asked for.

>                      I've had Nildram ADSL to three different addresses
> now and I would pick them again.

I won't pick them again.  The only reason I'm still with them is
laziness.

Has anyone used Bytemark's DSL service?

What is the difference between hearing aliens through the
fillings in your teeth and hearing Jesus in your heart?