[JOB] Perl Software Developer and Database programmer

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 23 11:23:57 GMT 2006

Lusercop <`the.lusercop'@lusercop.net> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not trolling. I really think that writing subs that pretend to be map
> and grep or similar is not a way to, in general, write maintainable
> code...

Python and Java are that way --->

Perl is not always elegant, and it may have mantraps in dusty corners, but
it usually gets the job done and it often does a good job if treated with
respect.

Avoiding idiomatic Perl because you can't understand it, or have such a low
opinion of Perl programmers and think they can't understand it, is doing
everybody an injustice.

--
..more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking
alcohol.