Devel::LeakTrace

IvorW combobulus at xemaps.com
Wed Mar 1 14:11:20 GMT 2006

As an author, I tend to respond to the initial email, definnitely thanking if a patch is involved. Personally I tend to be wary of committing to dates, as my CPAN development time is strictly spare time only, not work time.

I also usually recommend that the corresponent raises an RT ticket and posts the patch there. That way, others can see and use the patch.

The worst experience I've had was with notification coming via cpanra(n)?tings, by way of an adverse review. I know my main published CPAN address was deliberately blocked, but this was previously acting as a venus spamtrap. The module in question had a different email address which would have worked, and instructions to submit a bug report via RT, so I was mightily peeved.

In my books, the Perl world is a community, and works really well if everyone behaves sensibly. So, let's not piss in the cider vat.

Ivor.