Request for Experiences - Dell Inspiron 630M

Denny De La Haye denny at fsite.com
Mon Mar 27 11:20:20 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 11:13 +0100, Robert Shiels wrote:
> Jacqui Caren wrote:
> >
> > FYI: I only hear complaints from customers about dell kit.
>
> Most people with a decent laptop don't say anything - the complaints get
> all the press.

My friend is IT manager for the UK division of a multinational, he raves
about how good Dell laptops are.  Bit heavy, but good screen-sizes and
battery life, reliable, and excellent customer service, according to
him.  I'm about to buy one myself on the basis of his experiences with
various brands.

He does recommend Thinkpads above the Dells if you can afford them, but
says it's not worth the price premium from his company's point of view.

Regards,
Denny