Planet LPM

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Jul 3 09:04:14 BST 2006

Quoting Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/30/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
>> Much better. Cheers.
>>
>> Now I just need how to convince Plagger to a) include a reasonable url
>> for the feed and b) not strip out all internal markup from the items.
>
> Publish::Planet uses HTML::Scrubber to strip out script and style tags
> for security and design reasons. What markup do you specifically
> preserve?
>
> Well, with r1051 (which I just checked in right now :)) in svn you can
> write something like:
>
>  - module: Publish::Planet
>    config:
>      scrubber:
>        default:
>          style: 1
>
> to allow "style" attributes in any tag, which is not allowed by default.
>
> See Planet.pm source and perldoc HTML::Scrubber for the default setup.
> http://plagger.org/trac/changeset/1051

Sorry, I was slightly unclear about the problem. Publish::Planet is
doing the right thing. The articles published on my planet site are
fine. The problem is with the rss/atom files that are produced by
Publish::Feed.

Compare any of the items from http://planetbalham.org.uk/ with the
same items in the RSS feed at
http://planetbalham.org.uk/smartfeed_all.rss and you'll see that all
of the HTML markup in the items is missing from the RSS version. I'm
probably just missing a flag on my Publish::Feed config settings.

If it helps, you can see my config at http://planetbalham.org.uk/config.yaml

Dave...

--
site: http://dave.org.uk/