the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Aug 11 12:34:07 BST 2006

On 11 Aug 2006, at 11:59, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 09:21:19AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> I've dealt with him before the spam run, and he didn't seem very
>> good.
> I'm not going to express opinions on a public forum archived in
> perpetuity.
> Heck, I'm probably not even going to express them in e-mail, given
> that
> e-mail can be forwarded.

Well, yes, but I don't think I've said anything rude or untruthful.
I'm not saying you should avoid him but I also wouldn't go out of my
way either.

I'm generally disappointed in recruiters being a bit overenthusiastic
with mass-mailing to vaguely-targeted lists of questionable origin,
but that is fairly typical of the industry, so it'd be unreasonable
to hold it against any particular individual.

> [Regard all sent e-mail as potentially public. Experience has
> taught me that
> this is the safest way.]

Yep, I learned this one the hard way.