the "no good Perl jobs"/"no good Perl programmers" myth

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Aug 11 12:51:43 BST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:34:07PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:

> Well, yes, but I don't think I've said anything rude or untruthful.

The particular problem I'm wary of is that in many areas I've been told
things in private by other people, and it's not clear (or I've forgotten)
what is public knowledge and what is not. So it's always safest for me not
to repeat things, unless and until I'm sure that the information is already
known.

Nicholas Clark