[OT] Mac Office Software

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Wed Aug 23 15:04:24 BST 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 12:40, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Unlike the rest of the cretin developers at Microsoft, their Mac
> developers actually appear to posess Clue. So if you find you do
> actually need to do anything more with Word documents than just
> read those that have been emailed to you, it might be worth buying
> or otherwise acquiring a copy.

Beg to differ. Mac Office is, IME, slower, clunkier, uglier, and much
harder to use than the Windows counterpart. I already hated the
latter, using the former is torture.

> I prefer writing documentation in LaTeX using Aquamacs Emacs, but
> I'm perverse like that.

Yeah, I just write some XML and have it generate HTML, but I'm
perverse too.

I haven't used Pages much, but I find Keynote to be quite fine and
much smoother to use than PPT. There are rumours of the next iWorks
having some an Excel replacement of some form, might be worth waiting
for the Apple event thingie before making up your mind.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist